Here are just some of the ways you can celebrate Parents of Preemie's Day, whether you're a preemie parent or someone who cares about a family with a preemie:
· Check http://parentsofpreemiesday.org/events.html to find out if there is a March 10th event happening in your area and if so, register. It's going to be a great time!
· Share your family's story on the Parents of Preemies Day Facebook page.
· Connect with other parents of preemies at the #ParentsofPreemiesDay Twitter chat on Sunday, March 10, from 2-3 p.m. EST. Jump into the conversation in the official Parents of Preemies Day tweet chat (use hashtag #ParentsofPreemiesDay) to talk about how moms and dads can celebrate being parents of preemies.
· Bloggers, visit the Parents of Preemies Day website and grab a badge for your sidebar – then create a Parents of Preemies Day post to tell the world why you're proud to be a preemie mom or dad.
· Visit the Parents of Preemies Day website for ideas about what you can do to support moms and dads of preemies.
Graham's Foundation is a non-profit organization that comforts and empowers these parents, who often battle with depression and PTSD as a result of their experiences. A snapshot of what we do includes sending free care packages to moms and dads of preemies, creating educational materials, and overseeing a thriving online community that gives parents a place to connect, share stories, ask questions, and find support. Its overall mission is focused on supporting families of premature babies at all stages – birth, in the NICU, during the transition home, and early childhood. You can read more about Graham's story here. Please visit their site, Like Graham's Foundation on Facebook, and consider supporting their efforts by donating here.